I have been considering ways of adding as much value to this blog as I can, and it is difficult to ignore the rising prominence of “vlogging”. So with that in mind, I have decided to experiment with video content here on Leaving Work Behind.
Each and every Wednesday I plan to bring you a video post that focuses on one specific area of blogging, internet marketing, or freelance writing. I will provide you with actionable tips that you take away and work on immediately. No filler – just the best advice that I can give you on topics that I have experience in.
Increasing Conversion Rates
We are starting off with something that I have been working on quite a lot recently – conversion rates. More specifically, increasing the number of visitors to your blog that sign up to your email list. In the video below I recommend a whole host of tried and tested ideas that you can implement on your own blog. Enjoy!
I hope that you enjoyed my first ever video here on Leaving Work Behind!
As promised in the video, here is a recap of everything that I mentioned:
- Multiple opt-in forms – sidebar, post footer, blog footer, feature box
- Opt-in forms within your “About” and “Start Here” pages
- Light box – Popup Domination
- Opt-in checkbox and redirect in your comments section – Newsletter Sign-Up and Comment Redirect
- Hello Bar (costs from $0.02 per click) – ViperBar is a great free alternative
- Signup forms within your blog posts
- Split test – OptIn Skin
I Would Love Your Feedback!
If posts such as this prove to be popular I will be sure to do many more. With that in mind, I would love to get your feedback – constructive criticism is welcomed! Please let me know what you thought of the post in the comments section.