Guest Post for Leaving Work Behind!
If you’d like to write a guest post for Leaving Work Behind, you’re in the right place. There are a few things to consider:
- We only accept guest posts from people (not on behalf of businesses). Furthermore, if you’re canvassing a number of blogs in the hope of getting a lot of posts published, we’re not right for each other.
- You need to have something unique, compelling and/or actionable to offer our readers. It could be a personal story with an insightful moral, an exposé on how you achieved something worthwhile, or something else along those lines. We’re not interested in “cookie cutter” posts.
- Your post must be personal to you. The greatest value you can bring in writing a post for Leaving Work Behind is how your own personal experiences have enabled you to grow. This could be a guide to how you make a sustainable income, an inspiring personal story as to how you achieved a goal, etc.
- Your post must be inspiring or actionable (preferably both!). Readers must either finish your post and feel inspired, or know what they need to do and have the tools to get it done. Or, even better, both!
- Your post must be original. You will not be permitted to re-publish the post on your site (or on any other site).
- Your spelling and grammar should be excellent and you should be familiar with how to submit properly formatted posts. I’m very picky.
- You should already be a Leaving Work Behind reader and know why your idea(s) will benefit our readers.
- You must be willing for the content to be re-used by me in any way we see fit. We will have the right to publish, edit and reproduce your post in any format as I see fit (always attributed to you), as well as produce derivative works (not necessarily attributed to you).
- You will be expected to respond to comments when your post is published. This is a big deal for me, so if you’re not into commenting, please don’t submit an application.
If you’re interested, please complete the following form:
Please note that you must submit guest post applications via the above form. We don’t consider applications that are submitted directly via email.
If your outline has been accepted, please adhere to the following editorial guidelines when writing and editing your post:
- Please submit the article as a text file in WordPress HTML format (e.g. copy the text from the WordPress HTML editor).
- We don’t mind how long (or short) your article is, so long as it is well written, concise and has a clear message.
- Please use American English spelling (unless otherwise instructed).
- The headline should be highly engaging, “click worthy” and no longer than 65 characters (including spaces).
- Write headlines and sub-headers in title case (use this tool).
- Write using short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Keep it simple!
- Your writing style should be direct, yet conversational and personable.
- Unless otherwise instructed, articles should be broken up regularly by graphical elements (i.e. sub-headers/lists/blockquotes, etc.).
- Links should be set to open in new tabs.
- Please do not use ALL CAPS, bold, italics (with noted exceptions) or underlining (except with links of course!).
- Please carefully check your piece for any errors in punctuation, grammar and/or spelling before submitting.
It is vital that you adhere to the above guidelines. If you do not, we are likely to reject your post.