Over the last year or so, Leaving Work Behind has grown from one man’s accountability journal into a community of awesome people who have a burning desire to build a life on their own terms.
I am truly astonished by the number of people I have had the privilege of talking to in that time – whether it has been an email exchange, a chat on Skype, or a meeting in person (hello Bon, Jana, James, and others!). My horizons have been well and truly expanded by the people I have got to know through LWB, and I hope that those who have engaged with me have benefited in some way too.
With that said, I thought it would be nice at this point to share the different ways in which you can keep in touch with myself and the whole LWB movement. If you’re new to the blog, this will serve as a great introduction. If you’ve been around for a while, you may be surprised at what you’re missing out on…
The Leaving Work Behind blog serves as the “hub” for everything that I do online. It’s where you can find all of the latest guides, case studies, and stories relating to my journey (which I hope can in turn help yours).
There are a few ways in which you can keep in touch with the blog:
- Bookmark it – simple but effective.
- Subscribe to posts via RSS – if you use an RSS feed reader, this is an easy way of making sure that you never miss out on the latest posts.
- Subscribe to posts via email – if you don’t use an RSS feed reader, just subscribe via email, and new posts will be sent straight to your inbox!
- Subscribe to the newsletter – newsletter subscribers get an email or two from me every single week, where I reveal the irreverent and impulsive side of my character. I tell my subscribers everything I learn on my journey, as I learn it. People seem to dig it. Just pop your email address into the blue signup form at the top of the sidebar.
I don’t just use my social media accounts as places to promote new and old blog posts – I love finding new people to engage with. I also share my random experiences, and ridiculous wedding photos (amongst other things). Here’s where you can find me:
- Facebook – I tend to go a bit photo crazy on here, but you’ll also find the latest updates on what I’m working on, and many other things.
- Twitter – I love Twitter. I tend to talk about everything and anything there, and I’m constantly chatting to people. I also share all of the best articles I read from across the web.
- YouTube – my account is only a baby, but I’ll be posting plenty more stuff on here in the coming months.
- LinkedIn – check me out here if you want to connect with me on a professional basis.
- Google+ – I don’t do a great deal on Google+, but if it’s your network of choice, please feel free to add me and reach out.
However, if you’re not a social media type of person, feel free to contact me via more traditional means – my email address is tom [at] leavingworkbehind [dot] com. I always reply to emails (if there is actually something to reply to…).
If I could ask you to do just one thing, it would be to share my blog. Via social media, by emailing a link to a bunch of friends, or in whatever other way tickles your fancy…it doesn’t matter. Or, you can just click here to share a tweet with your friends. I would be most grateful.
And if you have any feedback regarding the blog – things you like, things you don’t like, things you’d like to see, or anything else – please leave your comments here!