Leaving Work Behind

A Brief Guide on Money

Welcome to the Leaving Work Behind Community Forums! You must register here before creating or replying to any posts. If you have already registered, you can login here.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jo Davies 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jo Davies
    Participant

Another great one by our fearless leader ;)

http://leavingworkbehind.com/brief-guide-money/

Definitely helps get some perspective about what is important and makes you consider your decisions!

Jo Davies
    Participant

So LWB’ers… what are your thoughts on $… What do you want to be able to do with what you make?

If I am thinking materialistically it would be a bigger house (but do I NEED it… no) and then pay off everything and anything I can as well as putting money away for boys university and ‘retirement’….. After all the practicalities are taken care of… a second vehicle, do some travelling…

I think the more you make the smarter you have to be because i think that some people just go nuts and get too much of what they DON”T need…. I mean I think it’s crazy every time I hear of a rock star who is going into bankruptcy…. I mean HOW does that happen?????

jamiealexander
    Participant

Was a great post!

I definitely don’t need any materialistic possessions except from laptop, MP3, gymnastic rings, and a few other basics that can fit in my backpack.

All the money I make will be saved or reinvested into my business.

My Websites --->

jamiealexander
    Participant

Also having online stuff like cloud storage definitely helps keep materialistic possessions to a minimum.

I always know my audio books will be in my Audiable library, Kindle books in my Amazon account, work stuff in my Dropbox, etc.

My Websites --->

Tom Ewer
    Keymaster

It’s all about the cloud baby ;-)

That helps a lot. Also, my break away in Berlin over the weekend put things in even greater perspective. With nothing other than a backpack, I was good to go! I think we can really surprise ourselves in terms of what we can live without if we give ourselves the opportunity.

Jo Davies
    Participant

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Cloud…. what great technology!

I agree Tom, I think we can surprise ourselves a lot… I may not be at the extent with you guys, but I have personally cut down on stuff and then I realize I don’t even miss it…

We also did some cleaning out of our garage and realized we need to stop keeping stuff and storing stuff… I mean if we don’t need it, we don’t need it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.