Welcome to the Leaving Work Behind Community Forums! You must register here before creating or replying to any posts. If you have already registered, you can login here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jo Davies

LWB Community Manager
    1517 posts

Another great one by our fearless leader ;)

http://leavingworkbehind.com/brief-guide-money/

Definitely helps get some perspective about what is important and makes you consider your decisions!

Jo Davies

LWB Community Manager
    1517 posts

So LWB’ers… what are your thoughts on $… What do you want to be able to do with what you make?

If I am thinking materialistically it would be a bigger house (but do I NEED it… no) and then pay off everything and anything I can as well as putting money away for boys university and ‘retirement’….. After all the practicalities are taken care of… a second vehicle, do some travelling…

I think the more you make the smarter you have to be because i think that some people just go nuts and get too much of what they DON”T need…. I mean I think it’s crazy every time I hear of a rock star who is going into bankruptcy…. I mean HOW does that happen?????

jamiealexander

LWB All-Star
    553 posts

Was a great post!

I definitely don’t need any materialistic possessions except from laptop, MP3, gymnastic rings, and a few other basics that can fit in my backpack.

All the money I make will be saved or reinvested into my business.

My Websites --->

jamiealexander

LWB All-Star
    553 posts

Also having online stuff like cloud storage definitely helps keep materialistic possessions to a minimum.

I always know my audio books will be in my Audiable library, Kindle books in my Amazon account, work stuff in my Dropbox, etc.

My Websites --->

Tom Ewer

Founder
    780 posts

It’s all about the cloud baby ;-)

That helps a lot. Also, my break away in Berlin over the weekend put things in even greater perspective. With nothing other than a backpack, I was good to go! I think we can really surprise ourselves in terms of what we can live without if we give ourselves the opportunity.

Jo Davies

LWB Community Manager
    1517 posts

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Cloud…. what great technology!

I agree Tom, I think we can surprise ourselves a lot… I may not be at the extent with you guys, but I have personally cut down on stuff and then I realize I don’t even miss it…

We also did some cleaning out of our garage and realized we need to stop keeping stuff and storing stuff… I mean if we don’t need it, we don’t need it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click here to login.